Many people enjoy an occassional Irish Coffee, say after a meal and instead of dessert. With a bit of practice they are easy to make. Follow our recipe and method cafefully and you will have a perfect and dangerously moreish Irish Coffee to enjoy!
If you are serving your Irish Coffees after a dinner and you have a guest or guests who don't drink alcohol, you can make "mock Irish Coffee" simply by leaving out the whiskey. They still get served a delicious coffee and are not left out.
A twitter friend sent the following humorous quote about Irish Coffee
"Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all the four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat." (Author unknown). YOU WILL NEED Irish Coffee Glass or wine glass Kettle to boil water Dessert spoon Small jug Side plate and paper napkin per person to present
INGREDIENTS PER PERSON One measure of Irish whiskey One or two teaspoons of white sugar (depending on taste) Coffee (1 cupful)
1. Make a jug of coffee. You can use either filter coffee or instant coffee.
2. Boil the kettle and put the spoon in your glass (to stop it cracking) and pour in boiling water to heat the glass then throw this water away
3. Put one or two teaspoons of sugar into the warm glass
4. Fill the glass about two thirds with the hot coffee
5. Stir well to disolve the sugar
6. Add one measure (a capful) of Irish whiskey. If you don't have Irish whiskey, just add another whiskey of your choice
7. Stir again
8. Half fill your jug with boiling water and put the dessert spoon in it to heat. Heating the spoon will make the pouring of the cream easier
9. Turn heated spoon with curve upwards and lightly touch the side of the glass at the level of the liquid.
10. Pour the cream over the spoon carefully and quickly
NOTES ~ You can whip the cream lightly first and then simply spoon it very carefully on top of the coffee and whiskey ~ If you don't like the taste of the Irish Coffee using whiskey you can use brandy or Baileys Irish Cream instead. Yes, they are not Irish Coffees but they look the same. For an extra special variation use a half measure of brandy and a half measure of Baileys Irish Cream
A Perfect Irish Coffee!
email: WeLoveDonegal@gmail.com or via our CONTACT form