A song released by four Belfast teachers (Gerry Burns, Finbar Carolan, John Sullivan and Eamonn McGirr)who called themselves 'The Go Lucky Four' in 1966 after Nelson's Pillar was blown up in Dublin. The song went straight to No.1 in the Irish charts and stayed there for eight weeks.
The statue and pillar on which it stood was blown up in 1966, the 50th anniversary of the 1916 Rising.
The head of Nelson, although damaged, was intact. It was stolen from storage by students from Trinity College for a prank and given to The Dubliners who had it on stage with them. It is now on display in the Reading Room in Dublin City Library on Pearse Street.