The correct name for St. Eunan's Cathedral is The Cathedral of Saints Eunan and Columba but it is rarely, if ever, called anything but St. Eunan's Cathedral.
The building of the cathedral commenced in 1891 and was completed in 1901 at a cost of some £300,000.
INTERIOR OF ST. EUNAN'S CATHEDRAL
CARVINGS ABOVE MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR TO ST. EUNAN'S CATHEDRAL
GATEPOST CARVINGS AND ST. COLUMBA (COLMCILLE0 STATUE AT MAIN ENTRANCE TO ST. EUNAN'S CATHEDRAL The gateposts at the entrance to St. Eunan's Cathedral have carvings showing the year the cathedral was begun, 1891 (the left hand gatepost) and the year the cathedral was completed, 1901, (the right hand gatepost). To the left of the main door is a statue of St. Columba (Colmcille) which was donated by Mrs. Cornelia Adair of Glenveigh Castle, the generous and kindly widow of the cruel landlord, John Adair.
CARVINGS ABOVE DOOR TO THE LEFT AND DOOR TO THE RIGHT OF MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR
SOUTH DOOR OF ST. EUNAN'S CATHEDRAL ~ ST. PATRICK
NORTH DOOR OF ST. EUNAN'S CATHEDRAL ~ THE HOLY FAMILY
CARVED HEADS ON EXTERIOR OF ST. EUNAN'S CATHEDRAL
email: WeLoveDonegal@gmail.com or via our CONTACT form