CLONDAHORKEY OLD CHURCH AND GRAVEYARD, Kill, Dunfanaghy
On a hill outside Dunfanaghy sits this old church ruin and graveyard. From Buildings of Ireland: "This attractive and poignant site is an interesting addition to the rural landscape to the south of Dunfanaghy. The simple rubble stone single-cell church, which probably originally dates to the sixteenth century and was described by a Royal Commission Report in 1622 as ‘newly re-edified and well repaired’, which suggests works here shortly prior to this date. It was originally in use as a Catholic church but was later in use as a Church of Ireland church from c. 1690 until the construction of the fine new church (see 40902615), St. John’s, at nearby Ballymore in 1752; it was abandoned shortly after this date and is depicted as ‘Church Ruins’ on the Taylor and Skinner map of the area, 1777-83, and as ‘Church (in ruins)’ on the Ordnance Survey first edition six-inch map of c. 1837. It is likely that this church was altered at some stage post 1700 ..."